BENJAMIN R. BLACKBURN
90 Williams Road * Cheshire, CT 06410
203-271-0021 (Off.) * 203-376-9745 (Cell) * email@example.com
Business Process Improvement Executive with a strong record of delivering measurable results across multiple functional areas. Recognized leader at driving cross-functional teams focused on quality initiatives and establishing a corporate culture of continuous improvement. Digital Six Sigma (DSS) Black Belt with diverse skill sets in Sales, Business Development, Marketing, and Finance (CPA). Proven expert at identifying/penetrating untapped global markets and new growth areas to increase revenue and bottom-line profitability. Strong regional domain knowledge of Latin America (Bilingual: English and Spanish).
Process Improvement & Quality Enhancement | Go-to-Market Planning With New Technology | Driving Cross-Organizational Business Initiatives | Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances | Business Model Planning & Implementation | Start-ups & New Business Operations | Global Governance and Compliance Programs | Developing Channels of Distribution | Enterprise Mobility &Telecommunications | Regional Domain Expertise – Latin America
MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS, INC. (MSI)
Director of Business Operations – Global Channels (May 2009 to March 2012)
Designed and implemented key program structural elements for Motorola Solutions’ three global channel businesses, including program governance for MSI’s new unified global channel partner program, PartnerEmpower. Other areas of responsibility included leading the Environmental sustainability initiative for the MSI global Sales & Field Operations team and managing the annual measurement system for the new North America strategic business framework.
¬ Implemented the new Global Learning capital planning process, improving cycle time efficiency by 25%
¬ Designed and implemented the first comprehensive global channel partner compliance program for MSI
¬ Established MSI’s first Customer Satisfaction framework and measurement process for the indirect channel
¬ Created and implemented first regional cross-functional scorecard process for MSI senior management
¬ Pioneered new Sustainability programs for MSI’s Go-to-market processes (Recycling, Certification, and Pre-sales)
Director of Quality – DSS Black Belt Projects Leader (Sept 2006 to April 2009)
Initiated and executed critical business process improvements for the Government & Public Safety (GPS) International business, focusing on Europe/ Middle East/ Africa (EMEA) regions. Engaged regions on process improvements in the areas of supply chain coordination, forecasting accuracy, and civil engineering supplier management. Provided due diligence for account selection process for Corporate Strategic Account program.
¬ Drove $38M gross margin improvement plan for EMEA region, leading a team of 4 DSS Black Belts
¬ Restructured EMEA forecasting process by consolidating forecasting tools and aligning functional organizations
¬ Generated estimated $4.5M OE savings from streamlining forecasting process and implementing control measures
¬ Consistently ranked in the company’s top 10% for outstanding performance from FY2002 through FY2009
Director, International Business Development (2005 to 2006)
Developed new business propositions with six Networks & Enterprise field organizations for enterprise solution sets in Latin America and Canada. Established sales funnels for mobile computing, field networks, and mobile office solutions within the petrochemical, utilities, and transportation markets. Diversified the product portfolio focus ($460M financial plan for FY2006) to include the enterprise solutions as a key growth area.
* Developed an $87M sales funnel in new enterprise opportunities within the first 6 months of the assignment.
* Constructed new enterprise solutions with an aggregate value in excess of $10M by forming cross-organizational teams with 4 different customers.
* Secured account engagements with 5 new customers in targeted vertical markets, generating new sales of $8M.
* Guided a Digital Six Sigma project to streamline internal process compliance for international affiliates, mitigating $3M in potential exposure from local audit fees and penalties.
Director, Global Account Development (2001 to 2004)
Prospected and commercialized new business propositions and validated business models for emerging technologies with GE Commercial Finance, GE Healthcare, GE Consumer Finance, GE Corporate Initiatives, and other major enterprise accounts. Pioneered cross-business solutions generated from new enterprise customer requirements, and conceived new propositions that included commercial telematics, asset management, and wireless financial services.
* Created a sales opportunity funnel that exceeded $400M over a 3-year period, which ultimately resulted in more than $60M in new enterprise business.
* Initiated 7 new pilot programs and commercial agreements based on emerging technologies, validating the business model and generating approximately $5M in sales.
* Developed a new ROI justification process for enterprise seamless mobility and wireless broadband proposals, which subsequently became a benchmark for investment justification.
Director of Marketing, North America Retail/Carrier Operations (1999 to 2001)
Developed and implemented carrier and retail channel marketing programs for the emerging wireless communications category. Primary emphasis focused on driving the promotional and merchandising elements with the consumer electronics classes of trade. Managed a marketing staff for the $1.5 billion Emerging Accounts/Retail business units.
* Developed account penetration strategies and ROI validation for major retail accounts such as Radio Shack, Best Buy, Walmart and Amazon.com, with ROI analysis savings exceeding $5M over a 1-year period.
* Created local promotions with high profile sports partners (e.g., NFL and CART), yielding an estimated financial impact of $7M in incremental sales.
* Designed and implemented a new market development fund and coop program with a budget of $30M, delivering an estimated 10% cross-category sales lift over a 2-year period.
Director of Sales, Beepwear Paging Products, LLC (1996 to 1999)
Guided sales and distribution channel development for Beepwear Paging Products for a start-up joint venture with the Timex Corporation. Established service provider partnerships and led the national rollout of the Beepwear product line, including retail channel placement and formulation of market development programs (e.g., MDF and coop advertising).
* Spearheaded all project management activities that subsequently led to the approval of the joint venture by the senior management teams of both Motorola and Timex.
* Recruited a sales team and developed a network of 15 manufacturer’s representative firms, rapidly entering the highly competitive retail market, representing Motorola’s first direct entry into the consumer messaging category.
* Launched the Beepwear line nationally in 3,000 points of sale, focusing on consumer electronics and wireless retail
Business Development Manager/Director of Sales; Latin America Paging Division (1991 to 1996)
Introduced strategic initiatives and annual business planning for the new Latin American Division of the international paging operations. Served as Acting Director of Sales (1995 to 1996) and managed the 35-person sales organization.
* Led the sales organization to a 34% increase (approximately $40M) in division sales over a 1-year period.
* Developed divisional and corporate strategic staffing programs that placed new indigenous managers in key foreign markets, many of whom now lead large Motorola business units in their respective countries.
* Increased regional sales of paging systems by 450% over a 3-year period, generating $40M in new revenue and securing nearly 40% in additional market share from well entrenched competitors.
Thunderbird Graduate School of Global Management MBA – International Finance
Oral Roberts University (Cum Laude) BA – Dual Major: History & Spanish
Digital Six Sigma (DSS) Black Belt
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – State of Minnesota (inactive)